Tuesday, June 14, 2016

How Could I Not...

It all began when I started a new job where TJ is employed. Although in different departments, he would tend to have to visit my department for one reason or another.  Ironically I noticed that his visits became more frequent.  

As time went on and I began to get comfortable in my new position, I would have to contact TJ for answers to numerous questions about his department or to request something and I usually did it by text.  Somehow those texts became more frequent, on both sides, over the course of 3 or 4 months.  TJ and I had become good friends.  He could make me laugh like no one has ever been able to do.  Every time I would see him, a huge smile would appear on my face just because I enjoyed his company.  Granted, I was attracted to him!!  How could I not be attracted to a tall, handsome, blue-eyed first responder?!  His eyes were the clearest blue I believe I have ever seen.  Especially when he was smiling and happy!!  However, we were both married... me to my cheating, only-person-I-have-ever-been-with, drunk of a high-school sweetheart and he to his second wife.  Our casual text became more flirtatious, our eye contact became more intense and our need to be near each other increased.  We could spend hours in my office just talking and laughing... making up secret inside jokes, talking about our kiddos and sharing life stories.  I didn't realize it at the time, but I had gotten myself into an emotional affair and I was quickly falling in love with the person that I thought TJ portrayed himself to be.  Oh how I wish I would have seen it coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment